|Cosmetic Dentistry A Complete Dental Makeovers
- see Smile Re-whitening
- a technique for attaching dental restorations to teeth.
Bonding can be used to attach white composite fillings,
veneers, crowns and bridges.
- a permanent prosthetic that is made to replace one
or more missing teeth. Attaches to existing teeth on either
side of the space.
- a common name for a crown.
Resin - another name for tooth-coloured filling material.
- full crowns are like a thimble that covers the tooth and
not only strengthens it but can change the shape and colour.
- a removable prosthetic designed to replace some or all
missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw.
- the soft tissue surrounding the teeth commonly known
as the gums.
- the modification of the "gums" to make the
teeth and the smile appear more pleasing.
- a mold of the teeth made by using a special, rubber-like
- titanium posts surgically embedded into the jawbone
to act as artificial teeth roots for the replacement of
- a laboratory-fabricated porcelain tooth restoration.
tray - a removable, clear plastic appliance worn over
the upper or lower teeth.
- a laboratory-fabricated porcelain tooth restoration that
fills and restores a defect in the tooth. It extends over
the edges of the defect to hold the remaining parts of the
tooth together, thereby strengthening the tooth.
bite - a condition in which upper and lower front teeth
do not meet.
- the dental specialist concerned with straightening and
aligning the teeth using braces.
- the amount upper front teeth overlap lower front teeth
- the dental specialist concerned with the treatment of
Veneers - thin facings bonded to the visible part of
the tooth to improve its appearance and enhance strength.
- an artificial appliance such as a bridge, denture, or
implant, used to replace missing teeth.
canal - a dental treatment involving the removal of
diseased or injured nerve from inside the tooth.
Contouring - selective reshaping of parts of teeth to
improve their appearance.
fillings - a plastic-type filling material that matches
the colour of the tooth.